3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2013 8:26 PM by junichi.hiraoka

question on using capture interrupt to read count on Timer16 (CY3210)

user_26192809

Hi --

I'm working towards building a "reaction timer" application using the CY3210 eval kit w the 29466 device.

As an precursor to the goal project, I've built a project to simply read the count on a Timer16 when an external pb switch is depressed and display that count on the LCD.  At this point - that's all I want to do.  Once I've got that working, then I know that I understand the capture interrupt capability of the device.

The pb switch is connected between two resistors -- one of which goes to VCC, the other to ground. When the switch is not depressed (open), the output from this circuit- which is connected to P0_1 is 0V, when depressed the output is 5V.  P0_1 goes to the analog_column_mux to the input of a COMPA in the analog section.  The comparator_0 bus is then used as the capture input on the Timer16 module. 

There's a "spin loop" in the project which is supposed to stop when the pb switch is pressed.  The Timer_Interrupt ISR is supposed to read the count and set a flag to stop the spin loop.  The count is to be displayed when the spin loop terminates.

That's it "in theory".  In practice, however, when I push the switch, NOTHING HAPPENS.  The spin loop keeps merrily counting and the interrupt is (apparently) never generated.  

I've attached the project in hopes that someone can find my error.   

Thanks,

SQ