how many bluetooth pairing can be made with BCM207362S?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll connect BCM20732S with a hand phone (Android/IOS) and/or BCM20736.

How many devices can i pair with the BCM20732S?

Thanks before.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Pairing and connection are different things. You can be paired one ore more but not connected. Or you can be connected to one (or more) and not be paired with any other device. When you pair, you have exchanged/derived secret keys that can be used to encrypt data between the two devices (of course, when they are connected).

So you can be paired with the three devices in range and not be connected at all. The peripheral can use a directed advertisement if it wants to connect to one of these three. Or an undirected advertisement, in which case the first peer device that establishes the connection will get connected (which could be a 4th unpaired device too).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

BCM20732S (as a peripheral) can connect with one central at a time.

It can pair with multiple devices.

You can add paired info up to any numbers you need as NVRAM data I think.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

dmiya: thanks for your reply.

Other question: how is it actually, if the BCM20732S is already paired with 3 devices and all the devices are in the bluetooth range?

But they send the message not at the same time.

0 Likes

Pairing and connection are different things. You can be paired one ore more but not connected. Or you can be connected to one (or more) and not be paired with any other device. When you pair, you have exchanged/derived secret keys that can be used to encrypt data between the two devices (of course, when they are connected).

So you can be paired with the three devices in range and not be connected at all. The peripheral can use a directed advertisement if it wants to connect to one of these three. Or an undirected advertisement, in which case the first peer device that establishes the connection will get connected (which could be a 4th unpaired device too).