3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2017 5:22 AM by AnjanaM_61

OTA Update on PRoC BLE

arvind_2509531

I'm not able to get the fixed stack OTA update code example to work on the PRoC BLE. I can get it to work on the PSoC BLE. When I try and do the OTA update on PRoC, it fails every time. What modifications do I need to make to the example code to get it to work on this kit? Thanks.

• 1. Re: OTA Update on PRoC BLE
          AnjanaM_61

Hi Arvind,

Can you please let us know which module you tested? If the project is working on PSoC chip ,it should work with PRoC as well.

Thanks,

Anjana

• 2. Re: OTA Update on PRoC BLE
            arvind_2509531

I'm testing the "BLE_OTA_FixedStack_Bootloadable and Bootloader projects. When I attempt to do an OTA update from CySmart, I select the firmware image of the bootloadable project. When I try and do the update, it halts and fails at the "Authentication" step. I have made no changes to the example project except configuring the output pins to my board. 

• 3. Re: OTA Update on PRoC BLE
              AnjanaM_61

Hi Aravind,

Please make sure the security settings in your project matches with that of the CySmart.

In Cysmart, click on 'configure Master settings' -> security parameters - check whether the security level matches with that of your project. Else change it and test again.

Regards,
              Anjana