2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2013 4:50 PM by user_14586677

Errors in Character LCD Documentation

jim.camp.2

I'm just starting with the CY8CKIT-050.  I've instatntiated the Character LCD and read the associated Document Number: 001-86319 Rev. **

The datasheet introduces over a dozen API functions that all start with LCD_Char_..., such as LCD_Char_PrintString().  Those functions will not compile, but LCD_PrintString() works fine.

Am I missing an update?  If not, perhaps the fine folks at Cypress might revise the datasheet, so that my competitors don't need to waste as much time as I just did.  Most other things are working just great.  Thanks for an otherwise excellent product!

• 1. Re: Errors in Character LCD Documentation
          user_1377889
                  Welcome in the fascinating world of PSoCs!   
          In the datasheet the component is named "LCD_Char" while you named it just "LCD". The selected name is always prepended to the _API() to give you the possibility to instanciate two components (Whatever you choose) and distinguish which you want to address with the API.   

Bob   
          • 2. Re: Errors in Character LCD Documentation
            user_14586677

Also keep in mind when you place a component on schematic, with it

unselected, rigjht clik, pick "Find example project" and you can add to

your workspace an example use of the component (with code) or open in

a new workspace. Either way you can then cut and paste code into your

project. Fast way of getting stuff to work.

Regards, Dana.