Need the spec for the Manufacturing FW so I can implement it in my chip FW for WIFI Alliance testing.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I get this spec?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

What exactly would you like to have?

For WFA certification, manufacturing FW is not used.

You can use production FW for the test I think.

Please check the test plan you'll take.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I need is the following:

1. Continuous TX

2. Continuous Carrier Wave transmit

3. Control over the Channels, bitrate and TX power.

Might need some other things later but these are the basic things I need for regulatory certification.

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried test.mfg_test application?

It includes the manufacture FW and enables tests you need.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The thing is that we have to use our board in the tests so I have to implement the commands in our firmware, it is not enough to certify the WLAN module. Even more it is probable that our customers will have to do it also on their devices using our module as communication device.

It would be quicker to implement if I know the commands structure and syntax rather then trying to get it out of the mfg app code.

I believe I won't be the only one that will need it as the WLAN chip will gain more popularity so I believe it will be best to publish it preferably as an API calls such as set_bitrate, start_tx etc.

This will hide the bits and bytes.

--

Ophir Bibi

Software manager

Connect One

Wednesday, 18 June 2014, 09:35AM +03:00 from dmiya <admin@community.broadcom.com>:

Need the spec for the Manufacturing FW so I can implement it in my chip FW for WIFI Alliance testing.

reply from  dmiya in  WICED Wi-Fi Forums -  View the full discussion

0 Likes

Hello,

The MFG Test code is not intended for anything but MFG Test.  It is a powerful tool and should not ever be released as a production FW or used for anything but testing.  You have to stay within FCC regulations and also be a friendly WiFi neighbor, so we don't allow many of these functions to be in production FW.

Hope this helps explain the purpose.

0 Likes