CyAPI.lib 64bit working ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am trying to compile a very basic cpp project to make sure I have the environment setup, but I get an error message that lets me believe there would be an issue with the x64\CyAPI.lib.

Error Message:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\/library/cpp/lib/x64/     CyAPI.lib:2:1: error: stray '`' in program   

/               1378990684              0       10328     `   

^   

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\/library/cpp/lib/x64/     CyAPI.lib:3:1: warning: null character(s) ignored [enabled by default]   

ôOôEAA@AEAV0@@Z??_C@_     04HDOCAJNK@?$CFs?$CFs?$AA@     yControlEndPoint@@8 .\x64\Release\CyAPI.objd†§ \º1R Ç   

^   

cc1plus.exe: out of memory allocating 838860800 bytes   

if I remove the #include <CyAPI.h> and <CyAPI.lib>, the project compiles and runs just fine.   

config: win7 64, eclipse galileo, cypress fx3, sdk 1.3   

I was reading posts on forums from 2011 saying the 64 library had issues. is that still current, or am I doing something wrong ?   
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You seem to be using latest lib file from sdk 1.3. So, not sure whats wrong.

Can you attach your project here? So that one of us can compile and check.

If you cannot share your project here, please create a tech support case: Go to Cypress.com->Support&Community->Tech support->Create a case

Thanks

Nikhil

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Which cpp project are you trying to build? Can you trying compiling one of the existing cpp projects provided with Superspeed USBSuite (which you can find at: C:\Program Files\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.2\application\cpp), and see if the issue exists?

Regards,

Gayathri

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

here it is:      http://speedy.sh/z4B9F/FindUSBDevices0.zip

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

As Gayathri suggested can you try building one of the example applications we provide with the SDK?

You will have to copy the application project and the associated library to a different location, since you will be able to build in program files(x86) location

0 Likes