Setup time violation emFile_1_Clock_1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

As mentionned in a previous topic, I get a warning after building my project:

"Warning-1366: Setup time violation found in a path from clock ( emFile_1_Clock_1 ) to clock ( emFile_1_Clock_1 ).The static timing analyzer reported a warning. See the warning message for details. Additional information may be available in the timing report file." (see attached pdf)

Should I worry about it? If yes, how do I fix it?

Thank you.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can read the report html file. But I found it hard to follow especially if it refers to some internal nodes of library componets.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Well, you skipped the interesting part of the timing report:

The maximum frequency of emFile_1_Clock_1 is 45.888 MHz

You can resolve that by changing, in the design wide resources, the Temperature Range, as defined in the operating conditions, to 0-85°. That gives the CyFitter process more room for optimization. If you really need the whole temperature range, you need to reduce the component frequency to 24 MHz.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi to everyone!

I encountered similar problem while I was working with emFile module.

The problem is that, when I set frequency to 66 MHz (max frequency for 5568LTI-LP039 controller)  I receive the following error:

" Warning-1366: Setup time violation found in a path from clock ( emFile_Clock_1 ) to clock ( emFile_Clock_1 ). "

I included pdf document concerning this problem, below this text.

So, I'm interesting, is it possible to run processor on max. speed (66 MHz) without receiving that error.

I have change the temperature range to 0-85 degrees, and that helped rising CPU frequency to approximately 62 MHz..

When I was working with default temperature range, max. CPU frequency that I was able to achieve, without errors, was 48 MHz.

If someone has any idea, It would be nice to hear it.

Thanks.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

No, the emFile ciomponent  won't probably work with 66MHz clock. The timing report tells you the maximum frequency for it. According to the data sheet, its specified for 48MHz maximum.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Ok, thank you very much, for your answer.   
0 Likes