3 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2014 1:01 PM by userc_6124

BCM20732S running SPP

Hello,

I have a healthcare customer who wants to run SPP over BLE, basically currently they run a serial protocol over USB to download diagnostics from their medical device.

I see that connectBLUE have an implementation of SPP over BLE but my customer prefers the Broadcom module as its price is excellent.

1) Are there any implementations of this - does anyone have any reference code ?

2) Are there any SW developers who offer a design service for this ?

Thanks

Mark

• 1. Re: BCM20732S running SPP
          MichaelF_56

As you may already be aware, SPP is an RFCOMM based profile for Classic Bluetooth BR/EDR connections only; according to our applications team, SPP over BLE is not theoretically possible.

However, they did go on to say that it's quite possible to implement a “SPP like” connection and pass data between 2 BLE devices, but the end result would be that the system would not be interoperable; this should not be a problem if your customer is on both ends of the connection, for example, an application on the iPhone and a device.

Unfortunately, we do not have any pre-made code develop for this application.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: BCM20732S running SPP

Hi ,

Yes my customer will have control over both ends, mobile phone and the equipment with the SMART module in it.

Thanks for your help - I am looking for a consultant to develop code for the app if anyone wants to talk.

Thanks

Mark

• 3. Re: Re: BCM20732S running SPP

Mark,

ACKme Networks can certainly help. Lets talk offline.

In order to start the dialogue can I ask you to go to this page ACKme Networks Ticket Tracking

This will allow you to give me your contact information without publishing it here in the forums....

Nick

Zentri