moving from psoc4 to psoc3, volatile and multiple call to function issues

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ROWO_285026
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I have run out of resources in PSOC4 and muxst move to a PSOC3 part and having 2 issues

psoc3 does is giving the following two errors that psoc4 did not

volatile extern long in_sig1;

Build error: syntax error near 'extern'

and when I remove the volatile I get

WARNING: L15: MULTIPLE CALL TO FUNCTION _BLUE_LED_WRITE/BLUE_LED ISR_FRAME_INTERRUPT/ISR_FRAME ?C_C51STARTUP

WARNING: L15: MULTIPLE CALL TO FUNCTION _ISR_FRAME_SETVECTOR/ISR_FRAME ISR_FRAME_INTERRUPT/ISR_FRAME ?C_C51STARTUP

WARNING: L15: MULTIPLE CALL TO FUNCTION _ISR_FRAME_SETPRIORITY/ISR_FRAME ISR_FRAME_INTERRUPT/ISR_FRAME ?C_C51STARTUP

WARNING: L15: MULTIPLE CALL TO FUNCTION _RED_LED_WRITE/RED_LED ?C_C51STARTUP ISR_OUT_TIMER_INTERRUPT/ISR_OUT_TIMER

WARNING: L15: MULTIPLE CALL TO FUNCTION _ISR_OUT_TIMER_SETVECTOR/ISR_OUT_TIMER ISR_FRAME_INTERRUPT/ISR_FRAME ISR_OUT_TIMER_INTERRUPT/ISR_OUT_TIMER

WARNING: L15: MULTIPLE CALL TO FUNCTION _ISR_OUT_TIMER_SETPRIORITY/ISR_OUT_TIMER ISR_FRAME_INTERRUPT/ISR_FRAME ISR_OUT_TIMER_INTERRUPT/ISR_OUT_TIMER

any help would be appreciated

Ron

0 Likes
3 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Consider posting the PSOC 3 project so forum can take a look at whole

code base.

“File”                                                             Creator

“Create Workspace Bundle”

Use Firefox or IE, not chrome to post.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Why did you step from PSoC4 to 3 and not to PSoC5? Both (4 and 5) have got a comparable core, an ARM, while the PSoC3 is equipped with the a bit old-fashioned 8051 core.

The warnings about the multiple calls come from the unique 8051 problems. I would suggest you to at least for testing to switch to a PSoC5 device and run a compile.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

As Bod mentioned, moving to PSoC5 would be easier. However, if you still want to use PSOC3, check this.

http://www.cypress.com/?id=4&rID=38637

0 Likes