How to select one gpio at a time? Thank you!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

There are 32 sensors in my system and each sensor is connected to one GPIO. The analog signals from sensors will be fed into PSoC, amplified and converted into digital signals. But I only want to use one set of amplifier and ADC. So that one GPIO should be selected and feed to amplifier and ADC at a time. 

I know that The GPIO pins  are  connected to analog resources  through  a  series  of  analog  routing  buses joined  by  switches  and  muxes.  The  two  primary  analog routing  buses  are the Analog Global (AG)  bus and Analog Mux  (AMUX)  bus. 

But there is no multiplier component in Creator, I'm wondering in which way I can select GPIOs. Should I implement it in program part?

Thank you so much!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

There are analog multiplexer components that will do the job you want to perform. Find them in the component catalog under Analog -> Analog MUX

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

This might be useful as well -

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=39974     AN58304 - PSoC® 3 and PSoC 5LP – Pin Selection for Analog Designs

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes