PSoC3 CY8CKIT-003 BETA First Touch Programming options.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chip on board : CY8C3866AXI-040ES2 0913A 04 613205

Little i knew about backward incompactibility before purchasing so many of these kits. After Quick research, majority of the pages suggested either get it exchanged (Exchange period is now over) or use old version of creator.

If any one have gone through this earlier, it will save me a lot of time and effort. Is it possible program these kits using different version of PSoC Programmer and device drivers but generate the hex from latest version of creator.

Thank you

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Follow up:

I was able to design and program using old version of creator. New version of PSoC Programmer was able to program the generated hex as well.

Different versions of the board have different design. So the recall and exchange could have been regulatory instead of replacement of the chip itself. If anyone knows whether ES2 and the current production chips are compatible or compatible to some extent. May be the boards could still be programmed using psoc programmer's cli api and and override the warning on the id mismatch (If possible).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi jecap,

I'm interested in this same issue. A shame the 003Beta boards aren't supported.  Any progress?  Which version of Creator did you end up using?

Alternatively, know anything about the KIT-014 support?

Cheers,

/george

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

To be honest: Why don't you spend that money and get hands on a new development kit, preferrably a PSoC5 one. The smallest Kit is the Pioneer kit that is not too expensive.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

This is a migration guide that may be of some help, attached.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

One possible alternative to the kits you have is to contact local

RSM (Regional Sales Manager) and see if he can give you any

relief.

Alternatively file a CASE on this -

To create a technical or issue case at Cypress -

www.cypress.com

“Support”

“Technical Support”

“Create a Case”

You have to be registered on Cypress web site first.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Bob, Dana.

For regular projects i am using 050 or discovery. I purchased 20 of these at a dirt cheap price from a liquidator store. I was thinking it would be the missing prototype board for psoc-3 to tinker around. On a good side, i get verilog and uc, on the bad side i have to hop around virtual machines with different Creator and less components.

Hope cypress comes up with cheap prototype modules for 3 or 5LP as well.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

PSOC scmartboards -

http://www.schmartboard.com/index.asp?page=products_dev&id=648

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes