5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2014 6:40 PM by user_57926609

DVDAC Digital Clocks calculation error in Creator 3.0 SP2

user_57926609

In my design have three 8 bit DACs but I need 10bit, so I decided to use the new DVDAC component.

But in my design I have only 1 free digital clock divider.

Resource Type                 : Used : Free :  Max :  % Used
      ============================================================
      Digital clock dividers        :    7 :    1 :    8 :  87.50%

So I changed one 8 bit DAC with one 10 bit DVDAC with INTERNAL CLOCK, the compilation works and now I have zero digital clock divider free:

Resource Type                 : Used : Free :  Max :  % Used
      ============================================================
      Digital clock dividers        :    8 :    0 :    8 : 100.00%

It is OK!

But if I switch the DVDAC component to EXTERNAL CLOCK, putting a clock component to supply externally the 250kHz the IDE gives me an error:

"Clock Error: (There are too many new digital clocks used in the current design. The selected device only supports '8' new digital clocks but '9' have been used.)"

And, if I put three DVDAC with the SAME EXTERNAL CLOCK, the Creator 3.0 SP" gives me the error:

"Clock Error: (There are too many new digital clocks used in the current design. The selected device only supports '8' new digital clocks but '11' have been used.)."

I think that I'm using only 8 digital clocks, because I use the same external clock for the three DVDACs.

So I think that Creator 3.0 SP2, in the case of DVDAC component, calculates in a wrong way the number of clock dividers.

It is possible to verify and eventually fix this problem?

Thanks a lot for your collaboration

Graziano G. Ravizza