fx2lp and xhci (USB3.0) controllers problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaBo_288066
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I'm using a fx2lp to acquire a stream of data coming from an image sensor. The transfer is bulk type.
This device has always performed well on several old pc with USB2.0 controllers but now some customers are buying brand new pc with USB3.0 port and the things are getting bad...

On the same pc the device works on USB2.0 ports but doesn't on USB3.0 ports. Apparently the problem is a limited throughput (!) that lead to an overflow on fx2lp fifo.

We notice this behaviour on Intel and Renesas controller but we haven't tried other... we believe that are all the same.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot for your support.

Dax

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

In the firmware are you using AUTOIN  mode or manual mode? In case if you are using the Auto mode what are the values of AUTOINLENH/L?

Regards,

Vikas.

0 Likes
DaBo_288066
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Vikas,

In our firmware we use EP2 with autoin (EP2FIFOCFG = 0x0C; // EP2 autoin=1 zerolen=1 8bit).
The values of AUTOINLEN are:

EP2AUTOINLENH = 0x02; //512 bytes

EP2AUTOINLENL = 0x00;

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

DaX

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

Please capture a USB trace and compare the time difference between the two USB IN tokens. 

If the time difference is more then it is better to reduce the Pixel clock frequency of the image sensor.

Regards,

Vikas.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have the same problem.

In my firmware I use:

EP6FIFOCFG = 0x09; // AUTOIN=1, ZEROLENIN=0, WORDWIDE=1
EP6AUTOINLENH = 0x02; //512 bytes
EP6AUTOINLENL = 0x00;

But in my application I can't reduce the USB throughput when I use USB3.0 ports.
Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

MB

0 Likes