Windows 8 Drivers for CY8CKIT-050 ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
     Hi All,   

I have a CY8CKIT-050 and I'm having a bit of trouble getting the      usb drivers to work in order to program the device on a windows 8 pro machine. The version of windows 8      i'm using is final release and not a beta.    

I currently have the computer booting into windows 8 test mode to rule out any driver signing issues. Are there currently any drivers available that are compatible with windows 8? The drivers that come with creator 2.1/programmer haven't been working for me since windows 8 beta.   

In the mean time, I've been able to get the kit to work by using windows      xp in      vm-ware. Although I would prefer not to do this as the performance is slow.   

Appreciated,   

-      Cevin   
0 Likes
9 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Try posting a tech case at www.cypress.com and ask for the schedule of Win 8 driver

release.

www.cypress.com

“Support”

“Technical Support”

“Create a Case”

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think officialy Windows8 is getting released on Oct-26 only. How are you testing with final release of Win8?

Regards,

Kishore.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to download Windows 8 release through the MSDN library via Microsoft's dream spark program. They must allow partnered universities to download early. I just saw that it was possible recently and upgraded.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the same problem

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think PSoC Creator/Programmer (including the MP3/DVK drivers) are supported yet in Windows 8. As far as I heard, it will be supported by mid of 2013 only.

0 Likes
ChEh_283106
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

I have the same problem (Win8 PRO x64). I assumed that the same drivers used in Win7 would work in Win8 as is the case for all my other drivers.

What I'm wondering right now is where these drivers are actually installed. I looked through the Cypress installation folder but the only .inf files I can find are for USBFS. I'm guessing that the installer puts them somewhere into the Windows folder but either they now land in the wrong location or somehow Windows 8 is blocking the file transfer even with Admin rights.

Well my next plan of action is to install my old Win7 x64 on a 2nd partition and then check which driver files the kit is using. Maybe then I can simply copy the driver files over to Win8... I'll let you know if I get it to work...

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Take a look at this thread -

http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&rID=73873

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ChEh_283106
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Thanks for the info danaaknight

I have created a small driver package for the CY8KIT-030 and 050. I had found the drivers in Win7 under C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository on my Win7 installation. I then installed these drivers under Win8 and my CY8KIT-050 became available.

I already had Windows driver signing disabled which might be a requirement to use these drivers as I didn't see any certificates in the driver directory.

I guess you can use the instructions from the other thread but I attached my driver package anyways just in case someone might be interested.

0 Likes
NamanJ_66
Employee
Employee
5 replies posted Welcome! First solution authored

I think, you are using an old version of PSoC Programmer.

Please upgrade your programmer to the latest version of Programmer available at link - http://www.cypress.com/go/programmer. We have tested this version with Windows 8 as well and it should work properly.

Update the forum post, if you are facing any problem with the version of Programmer and error message.

- Naman Jain

0 Likes