debugger problems

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m having problems with my debugger. I am using PSoC Creator  3.0 Component Pack 7 (3.0.0.1539). I know that there is a newer version but am reluctant to upgrade in the middle of a project. I can't afford the time if it breaks my project. This issue just started today. When I start a debug session it seems to start but never halts at the beginning like usual. If I hit the break button nothing happens. In the output window I get the following:

Programming started for device: 'PSoC 4 CY8C4245LQI-483'.     

Device ID Check     

Erasing...     

Programming of Flash Starting...     

Protecting...     

Verify Checksum...     

Device 'PSoC 4 CY8C4245LQI-483' was successfully programmed at 07/15/2014 12:54:52.     

Continuing target program     

Error 'Unable to create debug address from backend address 0xFFFFFFFF' received while attempting to read memory 0xFFFFFFFF-0x00000003

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Will you please check whether the flash security is set to "U" as unprotected and the Chip Protection set to "Open".

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently my project was corrupted. I went to an earlier version that worked, imported my source code file and all was OK.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Fine to hear that it is working as expected now!

Bob

0 Likes
minoc_301866
Level 1
Level 1

I just had this issue and figured out that the problem was in the project's system tab in 'Debug Select' which was set to I/O.

When debugging this setting should be 'SWD'.

I'm changing this setting back and forth between I/O SWD since I need to verify current consumption in STOP mode.
If the SWD is activated here the chip consumes much more power in STOP mode.

Hopefully someone can make use of this info.

/Michel

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Michel, welcome in the forum and thank you for sharing your experiences with us!

Yes, the PSoC3, 4 and 5 PSoCs have some debugging capabilities integrated into the chip that consume some power apart from the pins used for debugging.

Bob

0 Likes