Need Some kind of GUI development system to read PSOC5LP devkit001 data

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been looking for some PC Software to read data accumulated from the PSOC device while it is running my firmware.  This is my first PSOC development project and I love the PSOC system. 

I am usong PSOC creator to develop my application.  I thought when I started that I could just put voltage, current meters etc on the schematic as components for the project and it would report that data in PSOC Creator (or some other software) while it was in debug mode or something but that is not the case. 

I would love to know if I am doing something wrong and dont understand or if there is some software that will do this with as little dev time as possible.  

Thank you very much in andvacne for your help

0 Likes
5 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

If you don't mind paying for software tools, please look at this GUI package from Micrium

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=97899

odissey1

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You may use the Bridge Control Panel which is already installed on your PC to display data sent to the PC. I never tried that with the Kit-001, but it should work. Use the USBUART interface and connect the BCP to the appropiate COM port. The syntax for the BCP takes getting used to...

Bob

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

There is easy way if you need only a chart, displaying current, voltage or something else as function of time.  That is "Bluetooth Graphics" app for Android phone or tablet (find it on Google store-> Apps. It uses Bluetooth to connect, you will send simple ASCII string like "E 12.3, 345.0, 7 /n" through UART.

odissey1

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Theres always an interface to an SDCARD to log data

for further processing.

Thens there is StampPlot Lite or Pro, former freeware, graph data over

UART, TCP/IP, etc....

http://www.parallax.com/downloads/stampplot-pro-software

There is always Python and collecting data to pass to Excel and its plotting capability. Over

UART, USB......

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the helpful answers everyone.  I will look at all these options.  I have looked at the bridge one a little bit but like someone said using python I have used some python GUI helpers in the past where you just drag a volt meter on the schematic and give it variables and it prints out nice results.  I will look at these options and see.  Again, thank you!

0 Likes