BLE api guides

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am currently working on a project to design a BLE  Server/ Pheriperal device that connects to the Client/ Central device in order to pass some small data to the Central.

I have my have my data service (a modified Bas service), my periodic timer (a cascaded watchdog timer) and my Advertising, Conneted, and DeepSleep states working. I am currently working with the CY8CKIT and Dongle, so my device "connects" after I use the CySmart to scan and connect.

However, I need to make the Pheripheral forcibly disconnect after it is done with the BLE service (a notify service), so that it can rapidly enter DeepSleep mode.

I see some of the API's inside the GAP and GATT layers refering to disconnecting (such as CyBle_GapDisconnect(bdHandle) ), but I am currently struggeling to get this disconnects to work without crashing the Pheriphal or Central device.

Are there any API guides for the BLE GATT/GAP layers?

Are there any extra example projects that demonstrate this kind of disconnection? I did not see any in the Creator 3.1 examples.

Any assitance or pointers to more advanced documentation is appreciated 

Thank you

ngohara

0 Likes
2 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

I am not aware of anything yet, possibly you could file a CASE

to see if anything "early" can be viewed.

To create a technical or issue case at Cypress -

www.cypress.com

“Support”

“Technical Support”

“Create a Case”

You have to be registered on Cypress web site first.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if you recieved an answer for this. Yes, you can use the function CyBle_GapDisconnect() to disconnect from an existing connection. The general callback function would then return CYBLE_EVT_GAP_DEVICE_DISCONNECTED and you can use deep sleep mode between the connection intervals

0 Likes