BCM20732S reference design?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there such thing as a reference design for the BCM20732S?

I'm trying to work out what's needed to get the chip up and running and programme it, but I realise that I'm going on a combination of the BCM20732S datasheet, and the schematics for the sensor TAG, which use the BCM20730/BCM20732, so maybe I'm missing something that's required for the module to function.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

There is a BCM20732S based module evaluation board in circulation which is made by SPIL, but the board is not available in any type of mass production status, so it's tough to acquire (for example, you cannot buy one through an BRCM distributor).

However, the blog here shows you how to go about programming that module using the existing TAG2/20732 SOC-based evaluation board: Programming the 20732S MODULE USING 2073xTAG Board

In addtion, there is a thread here which explains how to program the module using an external header connected to the Tx/Rx of the HCI UART: Information: Programming your BCM20732S-based board from an onboard UART header

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

There is a BCM20732S based module evaluation board in circulation which is made by SPIL, but the board is not available in any type of mass production status, so it's tough to acquire (for example, you cannot buy one through an BRCM distributor).

However, the blog here shows you how to go about programming that module using the existing TAG2/20732 SOC-based evaluation board: Programming the 20732S MODULE USING 2073xTAG Board

In addtion, there is a thread here which explains how to program the module using an external header connected to the Tx/Rx of the HCI UART: Information: Programming your BCM20732S-based board from an onboard UART header

0 Likes