control center is not responding after programming with stream in mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am working with USB FX3 with given example codes in application note AN65974. I am working for 16 bit GPIF interface with FPGA.  I am able to program FX3 device for stream OUT and loopback mode with given firmware  .img files after building for 16 bit mode and these are working fine. but for stream in case, when I want to program FX3 with .img firmware file, that time in control center it is not showing anything but displaying programming succeeded. So, I'm not able to check throughput in streamer. I am attaching one image related to this. Please give me your suggestion to come out from this problem.

Regards,

Vipin

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vipin,

I see that you have also created a Tech Support case on this. 

Are you using the same image file already built by Cypress? Or was the Image file obtained by you after building the project yourself.

If it is the second case, please let us know what are all the changes you did to the firmware. Also, pleae attach the modified firmware and image file in the MyCases.

If it is the first case, please provide us a USB Trace. (If you do not have any hardware analysers, you can use software protocol analyser like USBLyzer).

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Madhu,  I am using Image file which is obtained by me after building the project. Actually cypress has given example code for 32 bits GPIF interface between external device like FPGA to USB FX3. In, my project, I have 16 bits GPIF interface b/w these two. So, to operate it for 16 bits interface, i have made some changes in two files of firmware which cypress given:  1. cyfxslfifosync.h:  to select 16 bit mode  #define CY_FX_SLFIFO_GPIF_16_32BIT_CONF_SELECT (0) #define BURST_LEN 8  2. cyfxslfifosync.c:  #if (CY_FX_SLFIFO_GPIF_16_32BIT_CONF_SELECT == 0)     io_cfg.isDQ32Bit = CyFalse;     io_cfg.lppMode   = CY_U3P_IO_MATRIX_LPP_UART_ONLY;  I am attaching here all firmware & image files. Please check these.  Thanks & Regards, Vipin
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vipin,

I tested with the IMG file you sent and it works fine for me. (In both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0)

Are you seeing this issue with both the ports? (USB 2.0 and USB 3.0)? Please let me know.

Also can you please record a trace and send it in MyCases you have created. (You cna get a trace using software protocol analyser like USBLyzer)

Also, please test with another PC and let us know if you observe the same results.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Madhu,  1. I have tested for both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 with the same .IMG file but getting same result with stream IN mode. For, USB 3.0  I used diiferent PC but again same result.  2.  I tried to capture USB trace taken by USBlyzer, but for stream IN case, in USB properties window, it is showing only Device Descriptor. For stream OUT case, in USBlyzer. it is showing all USB properties like, Device Descriptor, Device qualifier desc., Interface Descriptor, configuration descriptor, Endpoint descriptor 01, Endpoint descriptor 81.  I have attached the same images of USBlyzer for both stream IN and stream OUT mode in Mycase.  3. (a)   At FPGA side, I am using the same code which is given by Cypress application note  AN65974. But we are using some evaluation FPGA board where we are using cypress USB fx3. We don't have sliding switches on board. So, I am selecting different modes(stream IN, stream OUT, loopback) via FPGA only. mode_p(2:0 ) pins of FX3 are mapped to FPGA. I am attaching top level FPGA VHDL file for selecting stream IN mode.    (b)  I have changed VHDL files for 16 bit mode data transfer between FPGA and FX3 and hard bounding to select stream IN mode.  (c) In same manner, I am using 2 different VHDL files for stream OUT and loopback modes respectively.   Thanks & Regards, Vipin 
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I do not see any attachment. Please attach the images also send the whole usblyser file to us.

Please attach the same in Mycases also.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan 

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Madhu,

I captured USB trace for Stream IN and Stream OUT mode.

1. For Stream IN mode: When I program FPGA for stream IN mode and after that programmed USB FX3 with .IMG file, that time IN USBlyzer is not responding. It is showing only Device descriptor as a property not showing any other properties.

2. For stream OUT : I am able to get USB trace when I program FPGA for stream OUT mode selection and after programming USB FX3 with  .IMG file.

Regards,

VIpin

0 Likes