2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2015 2:28 PM by lance.henderson

PSoC 4 Emulated EEPROM

lance.henderson

Hi,

I am having some issues with the emulated EEPROM. I have set it up as a set location in flash memory 0x1a00 using the linker and MYSECTION params. However, everytime I reprogramm the device it clears all the flash memory. How can I ensure it does not do this when I am reprogramming it?

I can attach a project if that would help. I am using the PSoC4 prototyping kit.

Regards,

Lance 

• 1. Re: PSoC 4 Emulated EEPROM
          user_14586677

This should help -

http://www.cypress.com/?id=4&rID=94385

Regards, Dana.

• 2. Re: PSoC 4 Emulated EEPROM
            lance.henderson

Thanks Dana, that did help. (I am having issues with the miniprog hence the delayed response, it sometimes just doesn't want to program anything).

So now I have control over the memory I am trying to figure out how I can calculate where the code would reside in the PSoC flash. I have a defined location in the memory for the emEEPROM (0x1a00), but I am not sure how to erase/program the flash blocks up to that address.

Additionally, the application note said to change the customer linker file to tell the design to leave that area alone, but as I have a defined memory location (on the command line link function) I should not need to do that correct?

Regards,

Lance