Pin gives Not Connected in diagram(cysch), Connected in cydwr

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
pacr_284376
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 10 solutions authored 50 sign-ins

Pin RF_CE gives Not Connected in diagram (cysch), Connected in cydwr.

What am I doing wrong ?

PSOC  Creator 3.0 / CY8CKIT-030

Patrick

0 Likes
7 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Creator assigns the pin even though it is not connected to anything.

What you did is similiar to tying an LED to a pin, pin is placed on

schematic, not tied to anything, and handeld with SW APIs to drive

it.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You defined in the schematic a pin. Regardless of the use it is a pin and as such HAS to be connected to a real pin of your underlying chip. You configured the pin correctly as there is no hardware connection to "wires" inside the chip, so the only way is to change the pin's output is to use the Write() function of the pin. 

Bob

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

But why doesn't the schematic then show the physical pin it is assigned to? It does so for all the other ones...There should be a '5[3]', but its only showing the cross with the 0 in it.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

In the attached picture another pin is not assigned. This is probably caused by screenshots taken at different times and pasted together. An assigned pin wil always show the routed target-port.

Bob

0 Likes
pacr_284376
Level 5
Level 5

hli wrote : But why doesn't the schematic then show the physical pin it is assigned to? It does so for all the other ones...There should be a '5[3]', but its only showing the cross with the 0 in it.

Yep, that is exactly what I mean. Besides the fact this is a screenshot from only a part of my diagram, I got this inconsistency several times in differenty diagrams. I know I can only control the PIN from software, thats no the problem here.

Workaround : Remove the PIN and place it again. If someone knows a better workaround (without having to delete and re-setup the pin) I'll be glad to hear it.

Thanks

Patrick

0 Likes
pacr_284376
Level 5
Level 5

@ Bob

I see now what you mean, indeed the attachment was taken at another time.

0 Likes
pacr_284376
Level 5
Level 5

Update : I still sometimes have the same problem but I think I found an easier workaroud : Clicking LOCK/UNLOCK twice

0 Likes