What I want is to maek two BLE device using PSoc 4 BLE. One have to act as peripheral and another as central.
Two device have to exchange custome data with custom profile each other.
I can't find any example, document or infomation about making central device with custom profile.
How can I make central device with a custom profile using PSoc 4 BLE?
When does "AN91162 - PSoC 4 BLE Creating Custom Profiles" come?
@Jessi - Check out the BLE dongle example project that comes with CY8CKIT-042 BLE kit, that has the custom profile handling implemented for LED and CapSense slider example (see Dongle_Ble_State_Handler and CapSenseClientEventHandler routines)
I think the other application note that you mentioned is not yet released on their website.
I succeeded (for a peripheral device) in using the BLE config dialog to create a custom service with custom descriptors. Don't forget to use your own UUIDs instead of the supplied ones.
Handle the GATT attribute write request for changes to values, and set the attribute values so the other device can read them. See also these two posts: http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=5283&rID=105988 and http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=5283&rID=105452 for some more details.
The attachment has two projects (one CENTRAL and the other PERIPHERAL) with a custom service. Follow the instructions to work with these projects.
- Program the peripheral one to a PRoC module with pioneer kit and the central one to a PSoC module with pioneer kit.
- Soon as you program them, the peripheral will start advertising (blinking green LED) while the central one will start scanning (blinking RED LED).
- They should connect by themselves. No explicit button press is needed.
- Once connected, BLUE LED should start blining on both kits.
- Connect the pioneer kits to a UART application (I am using TeraTerm) and configure the baud rate as "115200"
- As soon as you start typing on one terminal, u should see the data on other. I have sent txt files (as big as 60000 characters) as well and no failures were seen.
BLE UART without LPM1.rar 3.9 MB
Missed a note.
Make sure to install latest creator version from cypress.com. This project may not work with an older creator version.
1. posted files BLE UART without LPM.rar and BLE UART without LPM1.rar are IDENTICAL.
2. updating to the PSoC Creator 3.1 Component Pack 1 (184.108.40.2060) WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS.
3. both parts (central and peripheral) work as described.
Many many thanks for posting such valuable examples.
I have tested the later version .i.e. BLE UART1.rar. It is working fine at my end. Please describe the problem that you are facing at your end.
Since BLE UART1.rar has more features compared to the older version. Please make sure of the following:
- If fow control is not needed, the macro FLOW_CONTROL should be commented out in main.h and the RTS/CTS check boxes should be unchecked in the UART configuration window (see image in BLE UART1.rar)
- If flow control is needed, use an external UART transciever as USB-UART on pioneer kit does not support flow control.
- If an external transciever is used, make sure that P1 and P1 are NOT used as TX and RX lines as they are tied to PSoC5LP on pioneer kit.
I have adc & rtc Values i named them mixBuffer. I'm able to see the values on screen i want to push them on Ble i created a header file & .c file of Uart ble bridge. when i'm going through Cysmart app i'm getting the name & sevices of ble but not getting the values of adc & rtc. I'm using custom profile.