1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2017 7:31 AM by e.pratt_1639216

Connecting PSoC 4 and NRF24L01+ using SPI for a guitar wireless system project

jacek.janaszko

Hello everyone, this is my first post on the forums. :)
      I am an EE student, and I'm currently trying to develop a guitar wireless system (like ie. www.alesis.com/guitarlink-wireless) as my bachelor of engineering thesis. I'm using PSoC 4 (CY8CKIT-049-42XX prototyping kit), NRF24L01+ transceivers (https://www.nordicsemi.com/kor/Products/2.4GHz-RF/nRF24L01P) and some other components. However, since I'm completely new to PSoC I am terribly lost in the process.

I divided the whole project into smaller tasks, and the first thing I'm trying to achieve is simply the communication between two PSoC+NRF pairs. Due to the fact that I'm using the prototyping kit and the USB communication to program the chip, I placed the "bootloadable" component in the schematic design and provided it with .hex and .elf files I downloaded from the Internet. I also placed the SCB mode SPI Master component (I was unsure whether to use simply the SPI Master, or the SCB mode SPIM, but I guess the difference is software vs hardware, so I went with the 1st option), and I have a simple question to ask.

If the hardware SCB component in PSoC is tied permanently to P4[0-3] pins, then why do I have the option to route it to other pins? Even worse - wy it IS routed to different pins in the SCB_SpiComm example? I expected the example project to clarify the issue, but it only made it worse.

For better clarity of my problem I also provided the project files.

More questions to come. Thanks in advance for any help. :)

1 2 Previous Next