Raw packet mode?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been "exploring" the FX3 with the superspeed explorer kit. Pretty sweet so far, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to run in a raw packet mode. AKA I simply want a mode where it forwards link layer packets that don't have errors to RAM independent of their endpoints/etc.

Any hints if this is possible, or how to achieve it?

Of course I would like the opposite as well, a way to send a user defined packet back out on the superspeed bus.

Thanks,

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Can you please explain more in detail about "raw packet mode" that you are referring? 

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I would like is full visibility into the protocol layer. In other words I would like to see the raw notificaitons/transactions/data packets/etc inbound to the device. Sort of a "Trace" mode if you will, between the USB link and protocol layers in the USB stack.

Ideally, I would also like to inject packets at this level, to provide some additional host control functionality beyond what is available with the built in USB2 OTG host controller....

0 Likes