Is there an integrated 555 Timer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello, I am working on a simple glowing leds and the 555 work great - does the Cy8c4245ax1 have this built in...I didn't see this in the options..thank you...I am very new to this   
0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

There is no pin-replacement of an NE555, but there are many timer functions available in a PSoC4. Apart from the analog original you will specify the duration in a PSoC4 using digital values with precisions in µs range.

I would suggest you to download and install Cypress Creator software version 3.1 or 3.2 and open one of the example projects for PSoC4. In the schematic view you can stroll through all the components and with a mouseclich you will get a datasheet full of informations, example projects etc.

You may watch some of the introduction videos. At last, get hands on a development kit, preferrably this one which will show you what you can do with a PSoC4.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

If you wanted to emulate a 555 timer here is a PSOC 1 project

which you shopuld be able to port to PSOC 4 -

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CC8QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fijaers...

The basic circuit functionality of a 55 timer can also be done with

a comparator, cap, Open Drain output to discharge cap, a ref for the

comparator or use a VDAC.....

Or just use the SAR monitoring a pin with some code to compare

to desired trip levels and generate logic equivalent of 555 comparator........

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Thank you Dana and Bob for the excellent information. I will post back once I get this up and running-   
0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Glad to have been of assistance.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes