3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2014 9:57 AM by ArvindS_76

SDK 2.0.1 glucose profile MAJOR concern

Where did all of the glucose profile code go?

In SDK 1.1.0 there was code that setup services / characteristics etc ...

Seems like there is skeletal code in there now ?

• 1. Re: SDK 2.0.1 glucose profile MAJOR concern
          ArvindS_76

All that code is now in the ROM now. See Wiced-Smart/bleapp/app/blebgm.c for blood glucose meter.

In general, if there are no source files in an app under SDK/Apps, but only a makefile.mk, then the app is already implemented in the ROM.

• 2. Re: SDK 2.0.1 glucose profile MAJOR concern

I f I need to modify parts of the ROM code how do I go about doing this?

For example, in the A0 ROM code I added a Vendor Specific service to the glucose profile setup.

I also may need to eliminate some of the optional parts of profile

• 3. Re: SDK 2.0.1 glucose profile MAJOR concern
              ArvindS_76

You have two options:

1. Implement your own glucose meter app entirely in RAM.

2. Override only the functionality that you want to modify.

In #2, since you have a vendor specific service in addition to glucose profile, define your own GATT DB and use that in your APPLICATION_INIT function to pas into the bleapp_set_cfg() call. If you need to handle writes into your vendor specific characteristics, define your own application_create function in which you invoke the ROM implementation of the blebgm_Create() so the ROM implementation is initialized, and then register a callback to handle such writes with legattdb_regWriteHandleCb().

runnint_speed_cadence does something similar. The ROM already has blersc.{c,h} and the app in Apps/running_speed_cadence replaces the GATT DB with its own DB, timer callback and write handle callback, while reusing other ROM functions like blersc_connUp, blersc_connDown, blersc_*

1 of 1 people found this helpful