How to implement iBeacon on PSoC 4 BLE?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

From What is the iBeacon Bluetooth Profile I understood the format of iBeacon. In Project #008: GAP Broadcaster it is mentioned that iBeacon is based on GAP Broadcaster approach. However, PSoC Creator doesn't allow me to customize advertisement packet to make iBeacon based on GAP Broadcaster template. How can I do it?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Have a look here  into one of the examples of 100 BLE projects in 100 Days

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob Marlowe:

I am excited that there are a lot of BLE projects in GitHub, that you shared the link. I found that some of projects are invalid such as Find Me, Heart Rate Sensor..I want to practice all of BLE project. Could you check all of  BLE projects are vaild? Thanks any way...

0 Likes

Welcome in the forum!

It is always best practice to start a new thread instead of using a one year old one with a quite different topic.

No, I cannot check the projects for you, but when you have problems with any of those you may post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Furthermore, please specify you board you use and the error you find.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

AltBeacon is the Radius Networks beacon implementation. Seems like it

can interop but then there is this .....

community.aerohive.com/aerohive/topics/altbeacon-vs-ibeacon-isnt-this-just-fragmenting-things-furthe...

Maybe file a CASE to see if any internal work ongoing -

To create a technical case at Cypress -

www.cypress.com

“Support”

“Technical Support”

“Create a Case”

You have to be registered on Cypress web site first.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
YiLi_1484786
Level 1
Level 1

I use the Dynamic Broadcaster project (Day009 of the 100 project 100 Days) as the template. For now, I need to update the BLE component in the TopDesign by using Project>Update Components (<name>).

After updating, I went to the BLE configure by double-click the component. The Broadcaster/Observer has been selected in the General tab. Then, in the GAP Setting tab, I changed the advertisement packet.

• only select Manufacturer Specific Data (no access to Flags anyway)
  •     
  • change company to "Apple, Inc", which can be selected in the list
  •     
  • type the Data into the Data field. start from 02:15:<long UUID>:<Major>:<Minor>:<TX Power> (length:23, can be checked in the right hand under Data from [0] to [22])
  •     
  •  In the program, this data can be changed by changing the value in cyBle_discoveryModeInfo.advData, and using fuction: CyBle_GapUpdateAdvData(cyBle_discoveryModeInfo.advData, cyBle_discoveryModeInfo.scanRspData); to update the package, should be able to include the major andminor.
  •    

It seems like the .advData[2] and .advData[3] must be 0x061A accroding to the package of iBeacon, but I didn't manage to change them from what Cypress gave, which this is the Flags in the configuration part I can't get the access. BUT, it doesn't effect my beacon searching app on my iphone to detected this BLE node as an iBeacon once I add the <long UUID> into the app's list.

So, for now, I have managed to turn the BLE node as a Beacon and detect it by using the app installed in my iPhone. I am going to check if I can change UUID, Major and Minor. 

0 Likes