SROM doesn't seem to be responding

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I'm trying to use a CY8CKIT-050 to read a hex file from an SD card and flash a PSOC4. I can read from the SD card and push text to the LCD screen that comes with the kit so I know that part is working. I can Aquire the device, verify the silicon ID and kind of erase the flash. 

An error occurs just  after "Write_IO (CPUSS_SYSREQ, SROM_SYSREQ_BIT | SROM_CMD_ERASE_ALL);",

When I read from the SROM, I get a checksum zero fault returned.

Continuing the oddness, after running to this point if I power cycle my PSOC 5, my code times out trying to verify the silicon ID. Specifically it times out trying to read the SROM after doing "Write_IO (CPUSS_SYSREQ, SROM_SYSREQ_BIT | SROM_CMD_GET_SILICON_ID);"

If I check my PSOC4 using the MiniProg3, I can read the silicon ID using PSOC Programmer 3.22.0. I can also see that the flash has been set to 0s. 

I tried powering my PSOC4 off of the PSOC5 kit and a power supply (tried 3.3V-5.5V, supply  rated @ 28A ) with the results being the same.

Anyone have an idea or a gut feeling to start from? I appreciate the help.

0 Likes
7 Replies
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hi R04,

your code is based on PSoC4 programming specification (document no. 001-51799) ?

Regards,

Ralf

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ralf,

I'll double check the specs. I'm adapting this project over. I personally haven't tried this using the $4 boards but have seen on other threads that people have gotten this to work.

http://www.cypress.com/?id=4&rID=98796

Thanks for the input,

0 Likes
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hi R04,

the KitProg firmware sources might also be a good starting point.

Regards,

Ralf

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ralf,

Thanks for trying to help me with this. I went line by line lokoing at the example I was using and a different example and found there was an extra condition on an if statement. I took that out and it erases now!!! 

Thanks again,

R04

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi R04,

I have the same behaviour. Can you please tell me the extra condition you found

Thanks,

Ramon

0 Likes

Hi Ramon,

we also have the same behaviour, did you find the solution?

Thanks,

Marco

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Consider posting your project as an archive for the community benefit.

If proprietary code remove that, just post the working SDCARD portion of project.

“File”                                                             Creator

“Create Workspace Bundle”

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes