Program change during runtime

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have some strange problem with a CY8C4245LQI-483. I made a program with a slider and a pwm output. It works quite well but after some time using it (put power on and off, use slider,....) it suddenly doesn't work anymore. When i veryfy again the program it says that one block is different. How can this be?

Thanks for your help

Jakob

0 Likes
6 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Is the program using emulated EEPROM, FLASH writes during operation ?

Any high current loads like motors operated by PSOC or sharing power

supply ?

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum!

That is a strange experience you made and has been found before only once where the cause have been large spikes from a motor on the power supply. Since you seemingly operate your device using a MiniProg3 this may not be your case.

What kind of board are you using? An own board or one of the Cypress Kits? Which one???

Can you post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings? To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

PS: Wherew in Germany are you located? I live near Bremen.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

Where are you in germany, I live in New Hampshire ?

Dana.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

@Dana

Probably difficult for me to meet you, but Germany is smaller than US. I've already met (personally) two guys living/working not too far away from my location. Was really fun & good talk.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

No, not you Bob, the original poster comment directed towards.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your quick replies. I live in Munich, so not the nearest to Bremen;-)

I am using emulated EEPROM, and now I protected all bocks. So far it is working, so it really seems to be a problem with the EEPROM. But can the position of the emulated EEPROM change during runtime, because I save the value of the slider a lot of times and the system was still working??

I will check tomorrow again and reply if the failure comes again.

Thanks

Jakob

0 Likes