What client can be used to test proximity profile code?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to test the proximity profile example for WICED SMART. Please tell me where I can find a client that would work.

1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I think the LightBlue application for iOS will provide the functionality you are looking for to test our RSSI functionality: LightBlue - Bluetooth Low Energy on the App Store on iTunes

Recall that the client determines the proximity using the RSSI of the connection with the preripheral.

To get the RSSI when connected, you can use blecm_ReadRSSI() which will return the current RSSI (or will return 127 when not conneted).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I think the LightBlue application for iOS will provide the functionality you are looking for to test our RSSI functionality: LightBlue - Bluetooth Low Energy on the App Store on iTunes

Recall that the client determines the proximity using the RSSI of the connection with the preripheral.

To get the RSSI when connected, you can use blecm_ReadRSSI() which will return the current RSSI (or will return 127 when not conneted).

0 Likes