Driver for CySmart USB dongle?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I have just received my CY5672 remote control kit.  When plugging in the CySmart USB dongle for the first time a series of drivers were installed, however Windows update failed to find the driver for a device labelled as USBUART.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling this device but no luck and the CySmart software can't locate the dongle.  The quick start guide seems to suggest the drivers should be installed automatically but as this isn't working is there somewhere I can download the driver so I can install it manually?  I am using Windows 7.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Install Cy5672 DVk http://www.cypress.com/?rID=102638 in your PC.Once it is installed all the necessary drivers will be available in your PC.

Now if you connect the dongle it will enumerate without any issues.

Regards,
Vikas

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Install Cy5672 DVk http://www.cypress.com/?rID=102638 in your PC.Once it is installed all the necessary drivers will be available in your PC.

Now if you connect the dongle it will enumerate without any issues.

Regards,
Vikas

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, that did the trick.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vikas, the link you posted for "Cy5672 DVk" is no longer working. Can you provide an updated link?

0 Likes
AnJa_1117986
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Vikas, we have same problems. this link and many other links are not working............. need help urgently on this.

0 Likes

Dear Dana, thanks for your quick response. However, it does not address my problem.

I got a remote kit and few others, but the cysmart usb dongle is not getting installed in windows 7. Please help, as we are held up

Anurag Jain

ajain@diacspaa.com

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You should consider creating a MyCase (at top of this page -> Design Support -> Create a Support Case -> Technical Support)

This is usually serviced from India which is within your timezone.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

According to the release notes indicates driver is in the ISO download from the respective

kit web page ......

But I also saw this - http://www.cypress.com/forum/usb-known-problems-and-solutions/usbfs-configured-cdc-uart-windows-driv...

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

i can't find the driver for psoc usb-4000 adapter!

can you help me, please?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

uninstal cypress programs and restart computer.

after this; re install but be sure dongle not inserted pc.

after installation, re plug dongle .

i was saame problem with u; after try a few things, this is my solution.

have a fun.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello, I have just received my CY5672 remote control kit.  When plugging in the CySmart USB dongle for the first time a series of drivers were installed, however Windows update failed to find the driver for a device labelled as USBUART.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling this device but no luck and the CySmart software can't locate the dongle. Is there somewhere I can download the driver so I can install it manually?  I am using Windows 7.

Thanks

0 Likes