Bootloadable option missing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaHu_285096
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

I have a project that is bootloadable and I want to make the application type normal again for debugging.

However, I select Build Settings and then Code generation and there is no Application Type selection available?

It used to be there but now seems to have vanished? Or maybe it moved (who moved my cheese).

It seems to be a problem only with creator 3.2, if I open the backup version and run in 3.1 it is ok.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

No need to change settings. Just add or remove the bootloadable component and all is well when using Creator 3.2

Bob

0 Likes
DaHu_285096
Level 5
Level 5

Thanks Bob,

I did note that when I removed the bootloader component, I can no longer select JTAG debugger, the options in the system settings only allow for swd even though bootloader component removed from schematic and project rebuilt.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

With a PSoC5???

I would suggest you to create a MyCase.

Bob

0 Likes
DaHu_285096
Level 5
Level 5

Thanks Bob,

Yes, 5LP device.

I have it running under 3.1 again ok. Only hassle is to play around with my version control system to use the 3.1 verison code as the working copy in my trunk.

When I "upgraded" to version 3.2, I received warnings that the components in my project should be upgraded due to problms in UART component etc. It is difficult to revert to 3.1 after being advised there are issues with some components of that version.

0 Likes