Schematic review for BTLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Sirs,

I'll be very grateful if you could review my schematic for the communication between the host uC and the BTLE module CYBLE-022001-00: I wasn't be able to find the related documentation while in a detailed AN for microchip BTLE module RN4020 I've found the necessary signal lines.

The purpose of the application is to communicate with a heart rate chest strap and a smartphone. I think to an UART communication between the host uC and the BTLE module.

Moreover I'd like to use 3 leds for connection status.

Thank you in advance

Andrea

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Since you did not provide us with the complete project there is a bit of guessing to answer your question.

First: The 4200 BLE  UART (SCB) does not provide hardware handshake using CTS and RTS. You will need to use the UDB-based version (v 2.50) to perform that.

We cannot check if your pin-assignments are ok, so best will be to post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please,

find in attachment the project. It seems that the RTS and CTS are managed!

BR

Andrea

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Andrea

That looks good from the PSoC side. Check the following:

You have an interrupt firing 1000 times per second, that is much, do you really need that frequency?

There already is a 32,768Hz clock, you may save another clock running at 32.000Hz (saving some power)

Hardware handshake looks OK.

Have you already got an evaluation board to check your design?

Bob

0 Likes