CY8CKIT-049-42xx: Connecting SW1 to digital components (in bootloadable application)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new to the PSoC products and I'm stuck with a problem while experimenting with the CY8CKIT-049-42xx board.

I'm using the "Bootloadable Blinking LED" application as a template and I'm trying to use the button (SW1) as a logic input. So I've copied the P0_7 configuration from the "Bootloader" application and connected the input via an inverter to the LED at P1_6.
No matter what I do, I can't seem to drive the pin input low when I push the button.

Does anybody have an idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hotwolf you do not need to use the bootloader to program this device you just need to add the Bootloadable component to your design in the top design schematic and you can write your program as you need to. The switch is only used for the programming so you would need to add another switch to some of the GPIO pins to accomplish what you want. Check the user manual for the board.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your input, Bobgoar.

I've just upgraded to PSoC Creator 3.2 and now I can see where the problem is. My pin assignment for P0_7 was wrong, even though I had copied this component from the Bootloader schematic. PSoC Creator 3.2 has a nice pinout overview, which pointed out the cause of my problem. Everything works as it is supposed to, now.

0 Likes