Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

Using the CY8CKIT-059 for PSoC 5 evaluation, we tried to setup Keil uvision 4 and J-link debugger toolchain. After reading the Cypress Third Party Tool User guide, and PSoC Creator 3.2 IDE export help, a 20 to 5 pin debug adapter was made ( like ULINK example ).

The Creator exported project, compiles fine in uvision, and target device CY8C5888 turn up in SWD debug mode. So it looks right, but during download the error "Flash download failed". Trying different program settings in utility tab, but no success.

Then we changed to KitProg programmer / debugger ( CY8CKIT-059 snap off ) and the Miniprog3/KitProg driver in uvision. The target device is found, but could not be programmed. The error is "Failed to reset target device".

Switching back to Creator 3.2 and it work

This i tried with different boards, two win 7 PC, uvision ver 4.72a and 4.74.

We have used uvision / j-link for several other Cortex M3 like e.g. STM32F103, and never had this kind of problems.

What are we missing, and has anyone played with this toolchain for PSoC 5 ?

Thanks

Geert

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Konstantin,

Yes it is solved. The PSoC Creator export to IDE use wrong programming algorithm in Keil "Flash Download" tab.

CY8C5xxLP.FLM  should be used. Put the file in "C:\Keil\ARM\flash" folder,

You will find it in

c:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\3rd_Party_Configuration_Files\CY8C5xxLP\Prog_Algorithm\

This is tested with Keil ver 4.74, and ver 5

/Geert

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I would consider creating a MyCase and get in contact with a cypress ingeneer.

to do so, on top of this page click on "Design Support -> Create a Support Case -> Technical Support".

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will try that.

Thanks Bob

Geert

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have the same problem with Keil v4.73 and SEGGER J-Link debugger. Do you resolve this issue at this moment?

Thanks

Konstantin

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Konstantin,

Yes it is solved. The PSoC Creator export to IDE use wrong programming algorithm in Keil "Flash Download" tab.

CY8C5xxLP.FLM  should be used. Put the file in "C:\Keil\ARM\flash" folder,

You will find it in

c:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\3rd_Party_Configuration_Files\CY8C5xxLP\Prog_Algorithm\

This is tested with Keil ver 4.74, and ver 5

/Geert

0 Likes