Observer and Broadcaster concurrently

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

we need for our application a device which can operate as Observer and Broadcaster concurrently. Is this possible with cypress BLE chips? Are the chips available in module form?

Sebastian Koch

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

In this sample project the device will initially act as an observer. It will show the details of the scanned device on the UART COM port.Now it will stop the scan process and then start to advertise the bdAdress of the scan device.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

In this sample project the device will initially act as an observer. It will show the details of the scanned device on the UART COM port.Now it will stop the scan process and then start to advertise the bdAdress of the scan device.

0 Likes

Hello, 
I am also doing a similar project. I see that you modified the observer project to include the broadcaster in it. In your bundle the BLE component is missing. What is the configuration of the BLE component?

I am running this code for CYBLE-012011 and I get the following errors:
1. undefined reference to CyBle_GappStartAdvertisement
2. undefined reference to CyBle_GapUpdatedAdvData
3. undefined reference to cyBle_discoveryModeInfo

These are the API's which are enabled in broadcaster mode. I have configured my BLE as observer so these API's are commented. How do I make this work?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes