USB TO I2C Situation Concern

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

About CY7C65215

1.Does the driver for this chip has an armv6 version? arm-linux-gcc?

2. I wanna know its performance when using as i2c master? When i need to send a block of bytes, will this chip have a big delay between two bytes causing by read the ack back to cpu and let cpu decide if the transmission is correct? This will waste a lot of time.

3. Does this chip support multi thread? if i call a function to write sth, two write function can be called simultaneously without mutex? As this function utilizes one usb, so i have a concern about that

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

1.Does the driver for this chip has an armv6 version? arm-linux-gcc?

>> You can find the drivers available for the part in the link: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/usb-serial-software-development-kit 

2. I wanna know its performance when using as i2c master? When i need to send a block of bytes, will this chip have a big delay between two bytes causing by read the ack back to cpu and let cpu decide if the transmission is correct? This will waste a lot of time.

>> There will not be big delay between two bytes when you send/receive blocks of data.

3. Does this chip support multi thread? if i call a function to write sth, two write function can be called simultaneously without mutex? As this function utilizes one usb, so i have a concern about that

>> Although, the part utilizes one USB, you can perform two simultaneous writes as the endpoints associated to channels are different.

Thanks,
Haneesh 

0 Likes