What report where!?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having a problem where I took a PSoC4 design and am porting it to PSoC4M.  When I move the pins to the new location I get the following errors:

Analog Routing ...
Analog Code Generation ...
Digital Placement ...
Error: plm.M0046: E2809: Unable to find a valid placement for pins and fixed-function blocks. See the Digital Placement's Detailed placement messages section in the report file for details.
Error: plm.M0046: E2055: An error occurred during placement of the design.
Error: plm.M0046: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\3.2\PSoC Creator\bin/sjplacer.exe" failed (0x00000001)
Dependency Generation ...
Clean Temporary Files ...
Error: cdf.M0005: CyDsFit aborted due to errors, please address all errors and rerun CyDsFit. (App=cydsfit)
--------------- Rebuild Failed: 08/11/2015 14:11:57 ---------------

What report file, and where is it located?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, Steve.

The report file ( .rpt) can be opened when you click on the "Results"-tab on the workspace explorer. But it might not help you to exactly specify the error.

The fixed function blocks you use have got dedicated pins in a PCoC4. Easiest might be to unlock all pins and build new. Port4 pins are not easy to use, so spare them. When still in trouble, post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob,

I was splitting the SPI port across two different channels.  What I mean by this is apparently you can't use SCB1:spi_MOSI,  SCB1:spi_MISO with SCB2:spi_CLK, SCB2:spi_SELECT.  

You're suggestion to unlock the pins and re-compile showed me the issue.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You are always welcome!

Bob

0 Likes