Setting up DMA

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I were trying to set up the FX3 to have a EEPROM on i2c, an FPGA and SPI flash chip both set up on SPI, how and what files would I need to include in my project to enable the set up of the DMA to manage this?  Does the uC even need to interact with the interfaces, or can the DMA manage it on its own?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The uC need to interact with the interface for doing communication over SPI and I2C Interfaces. The files to be added are cyu3spi.h and cyu3i2c.h.

For example projects on SPI, please refer "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxusbspidmamode" and C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxusbspiregmode" (The first one is DMA Mode in which we write large volume of data contiuously. The second one is register mode where we write wrd by word using registers)

Similarly for I2C Interface, please refer the examples in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxusbi2cdmamode" and C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxusbi2cregmode"

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes