Capsense SmartSense over 10pF range?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm trying to measure a capacitive 'button' that changes by around 10pF between no-touch and full-contact scenarios.  I would like to be able to quantify intermediate values as well (so being able to measure 25%, 50% or 75% of full-contact by reading capacitance values between the no-touch and the touch limits).

My issue is that I would like to use the SmartSense to do this because the manual settings seem to be less reliable; however, I can't get a large enough range in SmartSense mode.  Even with the sensitivity at 10, I easily saturate the sensor when changing from no-touch to touch. 

Is there any way to lower the sensitivity (increase the range) even more in the SmartSense mode?  I would like to have the full-contact at around 80% of the max sensor value (around 200 for 8-bit sensor).

Thanks,

Dillon

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Dillon,

It is not possible do this feature in smart sense For this, manual tuning is required. Smart sense automatically sets the base line as 85% of the full scale reading. It is not possible to adjust the base line using Smartsense. It can be done using manual tuning.

Thanks

Ramesh B 

0 Likes