4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2015 11:14 PM by user_366219728

Connecting an analog mux to a scanning comparator

user_366219728
              I've been messing around with the ScanComp component, and it works great except I can't figure out how to connect a single analog input pin to the input mux. (I know I could just use a regular Comp and Mux, but then my main.c will be more than a single line). I tried just jumpering all the inputs together in the schematic, but that didn't work. I tried using an Analog Hardware Mux set to switch mode with a digital constant attached to connect all the outputs, but that didn't work, either. I tried putting a "net tie" between the muxes, but still no bueno. I ended up using a separate GPIO for each input and just jumpering them all together externally, and it worked like a charm. (I'm using the internal VDAC as the reference, but setting a different value for each input [via the component GUI]). It doesn't seem like there is any physical reason the input mux can't use a single pin as input, but it just doesn't recognize a connection to an analog mux as valid. Is there a way to do this so I don't have to waste a bunch of GPIOs just to keep the schematic design simple? Thanks!