2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2015 2:07 PM by neal.o'hara

PSoC 5, using SWD pins for UART RX/TX.

neal.o'hara

Hello, 
      I am working on a project with a CY8C5868-AXI-LP035 (also used in the 5LP module for CY8CKIT-001), 

This project has the real estate for only one port. So I am trying to use an USB micro connector (which has 5 pins). 

This allows me to connect a MiniProg 5pin conn appropriately  to the PSoC  for programming.

With proper routing, this leaves the USB data pins (2 & 3)  tied to  the PSoC SWD pins (15.6 & 15.7).

What I am trying to do now is use the USB data pins as a UART signal to a PC (ie a terminal or script program). 

However PSoC Creator 3.2 will not allow me to manually route pins 15.6 and 15.7 to the  UART Tx and Rx pins,

even when I choose System settings  Debug Select = GPIO,  Enable Device Protection = Yes. 

(Which is supposed to free the SWD pins for GPIO).

Can anyone suggest how I get Creator to use this pins for UART communication?

Additionally, on the CY8CKIT-001, are there any other contact points for the J9 USB connector other than the two white loop testpoints for Dp and Dm? I haven't found any ports that I can plug into...

Thanks for any advice.

ngohara