Using Peripheral Uart via JP1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like many others I would like to use the peripheral UART to communicate with another processor. Currently I want to find the easiest way to get the UART lines off the TAG EVAL board without soldering if possible. The schematic seems to indicate that JP1 has access to UART lines but looking at some of the posts I gather that its not that straightforward. Does anyone have any suggestions with trying to read the peripheral UART lines out of JP1 ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
asridharan
Employee
Employee
10 comments on KBA 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Peripheral uart is not connected to JP1 on the tag board. Most sample applications configure P32 and P33 as the puart lines, so you have to solder wires or a connector to TP55 and TP56.

The next revision of the tag board will have headers to which you can connect jump wires and it will also use an FTDI 2232 chip so both uarts show up as virtual com ports on your PC.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
asridharan
Employee
Employee
10 comments on KBA 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Peripheral uart is not connected to JP1 on the tag board. Most sample applications configure P32 and P33 as the puart lines, so you have to solder wires or a connector to TP55 and TP56.

The next revision of the tag board will have headers to which you can connect jump wires and it will also use an FTDI 2232 chip so both uarts show up as virtual com ports on your PC.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You mentioned TP55 and TP56. I don't see these in the board layout document. I see P32 and P33 (which is shared with P8). Are these the points you are referring to ?

Thanks a bunch

Kartik

0 Likes

Yes, P32 and P33.

0 Likes