Try unplugging the board and plugging it again some seconds after. Or check if the COM port of the FreeSoC is being used elsewhere and stop/kill that process.
In case of loosing PSoC target I close the Creator and restart it again. In rare occasions computer restart is required.
One of the last tries: There is a piece of software that de-installs drivers sitting on an USB-port named USBdeView from nirsoft.org (free).
When connecting anew wait until all drivers are installed again.
I rebooted my PC and it seemed to solve the problem. Also, once I lost it I tried to reacquire the target with opening a project first and that didn't work for me. However, after opening a project I could acquire the target... Thank all of you for your help. I quite like the FREESOC board! :-)