Can't acquire target

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using a FREESOC2 from sparcfun to create a lab support tool.  It allows access to much/all of the functionality of the PSOC5LP.  

I was programing it and learning more and all was going well.  Then It failed to acquire target.  I downloaded and installed the latest version of Creator, opened Programmer and updated the firmware on the target successfully.  However, Creator still fails to see it.  The debugger shows up on the com port in the device manager so it's there.  However, Creator can not "acquire it".  I also grabbed a spare FRESOC2 and tried to acquire it unsucessfully.  Lastly, this morning I also had to reregister my Keil license which I did.  Any help resolving this would be greatly appreciated.  The PSOC solves so many lab integration problems for me...

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes
4 Replies
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Try unplugging the board and plugging it again some seconds after. Or check if the COM port of the FreeSoC is being used elsewhere and stop/kill that process.

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
        In case of loosing PSoC target I close the Creator and restart it again. In rare occasions computer restart is required.   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

One of the last tries: There is a piece of software that de-installs drivers sitting on an USB-port named USBdeView from nirsoft.org (free).

When connecting anew wait until all drivers are installed again.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I rebooted my PC and it seemed to solve the problem.  Also, once I lost it I tried to reacquire the target with opening a project first and that didn't work for me.  However, after opening a project I could acquire the target...  Thank all of you for your help.  I quite like the FREESOC board! 🙂

0 Likes