Sending Serial Data over bluetooth

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am pretty new to bluetooth and I have gone through some of the SDK on how to create custom GATT profiles 

and how to use certain modules. I just am not sure how to choose which modules I need for my application.

I am trying to send Serial Data (from a MCU using UART and sending the data over the air using RF antenna) over the

air to a bluetooth chip so that I can print it out to a terminal or even read using a bluetooth phone app.

To read in the serial data, which module should I use? And which module to send it to the bluetooth (USB dongle preferred)

to be able to print the data to a terminal using the bluetooth (possibly with UART).

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Its not as simple as with normal Bluetooth, where you would use the SPP profile. But have a look at the example project #20, which implements a UART bridge over BLE. Its using the BLE dongle at the other end, but you can use another Cypress BLE module too.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Its not as simple as with normal Bluetooth, where you would use the SPP profile. But have a look at the example project #20, which implements a UART bridge over BLE. Its using the BLE dongle at the other end, but you can use another Cypress BLE module too.

0 Likes