PID control using CY8C3866AXI-039

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello friends,

Does someone have any idea whether any of these controllers CY8C3866AXI-039 or CY8C4245AXI-483 or CY8C5868AXI-LP032 controllers support PID contol implementation(function). Iam unable to find any clue about it.

Please reply ASAP.

Thanks,

Vaibhav Patel

First of all thanks everyone for your reply, in continuation I would like to describe my problem.

I want to measure temperature of chamber and feed it to one of the following microcontrollers (CY8C3866AXI-039 or CY8C4245AXI-483 or CY8C5868AXI-LP032)  and accordingly control PWM from microcontroller to control the temperature of chamber through one device. For this I need to implement PID control function and my question is :

Any of these controllers support inbuilt PID function library whose functions I can use directly in compiler(IDE) like setting Kp, Kd,Ki values and tune PID. If any one supports also then tool will generate code or we have to do coding part by our own.

In regards to Bob's answer who said PSOC 4 family can use PSOC creator tool for PID tuning but in datasheet I am unable to find any description of PID module in controller so how it will implement. Please explain.

Expecting Reply ASAP,

Vaibhav Patel

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Each of the PSoCs 3,4, 4-M,or 5 can support a PID-controller. There is an ADC which you will need to convert the incoming sense value to digital, in PSoC 3 and 5 a digital filter block (when required) and a DAC with 8 bit resolution to output the control value.

The core CPUs are ARM M0 or M3 and usually give enough power for calculating the PID controller.

When you tell a bit more about what you want to perform (Frequencies needed, sources etc) we might be of more help.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Yes, they can support it, although only in software. Have a look at AN89346 (http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an89346-psoc-4-intelligent-fan-controller) which does PID for the PSoC4. If you need speed, look at the add-and-multiply-support for the DFB (http://www.cypress.com/forum/psoc-community-components/multiply-and-accumulate-access-macc-dfb-easy-...).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

First of all thanks hli for your reply, in continuation I would like to describe my problem.

I want to measure temperature of chamber and feed it to one of the following microcontrollers (CY8C3866AXI-039 or CY8C4245AXI-483 or CY8C5868AXI-LP032)  and accordingly control PWM from microcontroller to control the temperature of chamber through one device. For this I need to implement PID control function and my question is :

Any of these controllers support inbuilt PID function library whose functions I can use directly in compiler(IDE) like setting Kp, Kd,Ki values and tune PID. If any one supports also then tool will generate code or we have to do coding part by our own.

In regards to Bob's answer who said PSOC 4 family can use PSOC creator tool for PID tuning but in datasheet I am unable to find any description of PID module in controller so how it will implement. Please explain.

Expecting Reply ASAP,

Vaibhav Patel

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Each of the PSoCs 3,4, 4-M,or 5 can support a PID-controller. There is an ADC which you will need to convert the incoming sense value to digital, in PSoC 3 and 5 a digital filter block (when required) and a DAC with 8 bit resolution to output the control value.

The core CPUs are ARM M0 or M3 and usually give enough power for calculating the PID controller.

When you tell a bit more about what you want to perform (Frequencies needed, sources etc) we might be of more help.

Bob

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Vaibhav,

there is no official PID component, you have to write code yourself. There is not hard though. Below are useful links with code which will help you to accomplish that.

http://www.embeddedrelated.com/showarticle/121.php

http://brettbeauregard.com/blog/2011/04/improving-the-beginners-pid-introduction/

http://www.controlsystemslab.com/doc/b4/pid.pdf

Sorry, I don't understand: I need PID algorithm support but my application is completely different than fan speed control. In your opinion is it possible to use "FAN controller" component to take advantage of the only PID algorithm without fan speed functionality? Input and output signals of the PID transfer function are available managing software APIs?

Thank you

0 Likes