1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 31, 2015 1:54 PM by bmah

Service data in advertisement packet

lipens26_1483021

Hello! I want to include service data in advertisement packet. So far I have made it so i can actually see that field changing in CySmart App, but when I try to program Android app to read that field something something goes wrong.

So at the attachment you can see the setup for BLE. In the field data I have written in "00" because otherwise I don't have an index for that field. So in the code I use these three lines to update that field:

<code> 

#define advPayload                                  (cyBle_discoveryModeInfo.advData->advData)

advPayload[29u] = 0x01;

CyBle_GapUpdateAdvData(cyBle_discoveryModeInfo.advData, cyBle_discoveryModeInfo.scanRspData);

</code> 

Through CySmart app i can see the changes (I have to stop scan and then start it again). But when I try to write code for android to read that data with these lines:

<code> 
      public static final ParcelUuid THERM_SERVICE = ParcelUuid.fromString("00000000-0000-1000-8000-00805F9B34FB");

public TemperatureBeacon(ScanRecord record, String deviceAddress, int rssi) {

mSignal = rssi;

mAddress = deviceAddress;

mName = record.getDeviceName();

byte[] data = record.getServiceData(THERM_SERVICE);

if (data != null) { mCurrentTemp = data[0]; }

else {

mCurrentTemp = 123; } }

</code> 

The function just returns NULL, like when no data with such uuid is found. Everything else like address and name is acquired properly. I am using the same parcel uuid for the scan filter and that works fine. So I don't understand what is the problem. Have I set up BLE component wrong?