No drivers ERROR on build

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a new PSOC user, experienced EE.  1st design. I am experiencing multiple No drivers on signal errors.

On pins with external connections and with my Status Registers that are connected to Muxes (this is on 0 -7 bused pins).

Please comment 

0 Likes
8 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, Mike.

Can you post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings? To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

"No drivers" means you have a wire with only inputs, but no outputs connected to. When you are using a bus, make sure all individual signals have exactly one output connected to it.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Resolved those issue but have some new ones. wr_decode multiple drivers.

Thanks

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

When double clicking on an error message you will be directed to the point within your project where the error actually is (if it has a location). This works for coding errors and schematic failures as well as for warnings and notes.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having difficulty sharing the 8 bit data bus. I have read and write control signals. Can someone take a look and make a suggestion.

Thanks

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You have merged some projects but rather incompletely, you have no LCD component but you reference one in your code. Same with SPIM. And you have got two main(). You could reduce resources by declaring the IO--pins as bi-directional (with output enable).

I cannot see what the address decoder is meant to be for.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not really started on any code yet - thanks for pointing out my "merge" issuses

The address decoder interfaces to an external 8 bit bus.

What I need to do is run the in_bus and out_bus into the same 8 physical pins which interface to a CPU bus.

Can you explain how to do this using bidirectional pins?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

What about the pin's datasheet? Bi-directional io is documented and explained. Use with output enable.

Bob

0 Likes