1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 6, 2015 3:46 AM by rajender.mehta

Debugger crashing when putting breakpoint in many functions in retarget.c

rajender.mehta

Problem Statement:

Debugger crashing when putting breakpoint in many functions in retarget.c i.e. in _sys_open.

Message on output window while debugging:

~"/home/build/work/GCC-4-8-build/src/gdb/gdb/linespec.c:2445: internal-error: decode_line_full: Assertion `state->canonical_names[i].suffix != NULL' failed.\nA problem internal to GDB has been detected,\nfurther debugging may prove unreliable.\nQuit this debugging session? "
      ~"/home/build/work/GCC-4-8-build/src/gdb/gdb/linespec.c:2445: internal-error: decode_line_full: Assertion `state->canonical_names[i].suffix != NULL' failed.\nA problem internal to GDB has been detected,\nfurther debugging may prove unreliable.\nCreate a core file of GDB? "
      Error: dbg.M0015: Debugger exited unexpectedly during run.  Encountered error (GDB encountered an error and had to close.  See output window for more information. See output window for more information.)
      Error: dbg.M0015: Debugger exited unexpectedly during run.  Encountered error (GDB encountered an error and had to close.  See output window for more information. See output window for more information.)
      Warning: prj.M0014: 
            You asked this application to remove "Generated_Source" and its contents from "Design01". Do you want to permanently delete "Generated_Source" and its contents from disk?
            Click Yes to permanently delete "Generated_Source" and its contents from disk and remove it from "Design01".
            Click No to just remove "Generated_Source" and its contents from "Design01".

YES

PFA project for reproducing the issue.