Design modifications in using miniProg3 to program PSoC 4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

Greetings for the day.

I want to take out the PSoC 5LP part of the PSoC 4 Pioneer board & use miniProg3 to program the PSoC 4 devices. What changes should I make if I wish to design mine own PSoC 4 controller board programmable with miniProg3 (without PSoC 5LP part on the board). Please Guide.

Thanks & Regards-

Amit

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

When the programmer of your pioneer board is not broken there is no need to use the miniprog. In the Pioneer Kit Guide is a detailled description on how to use the MiniProg3.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Bob,

Greetings for the day.

Sorry for the confusion, I wished to ask; can I take off the PSoC 5 controller & use miniProg3 to program PSoC 4 device? Or do I need PSoC 5 device compulsorily with the PSoC 4 device?

If I could take PSoC 5 out & still able to program PSoC 4 with miniProg3, what modifications you will suggest in the design of new (my own) board?

Thanks & Regards-

Amit

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Look into the schematics of the CY8CKIT-049 which is a good example for your case. Removal of the programmer is easy, just break it off. Programming with a miniprog3 is easy, too: Just connect it to the 5 signals that are brought out V, Gnd, sda, scl and /XRES. There is a schematic PDF-file that shows that in detail when you install the "42xx Kit Only" archive.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob,

I will definitely go through the details of CY8CKIT-049, as a reference for my issue & will get  back if any problem arises.

Regards-

Amit

0 Likes